Orc In A Spacesuit on 7 Nov 2002 01:41:02 -0000

Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 25 BALLOT

Proposal 1138/0: Chads, Hanging and Otherwise (The Voice)
NO
Sorry, Voice, but I just don't think this is something good for the game

Proposal 1142/0: Bandwidth Salads (Athena)
NO
I agree with Dave that anything that lets players get more bandwidth should compenstate Dave or something, since he's the one to actually deal with stuff.

Proposal 1150/0: Imperial Dave (Orc In a Spacesuit)
???
Dave, I'm pretty sure I rescinded this one a while back, since you vetoed it and I decided that if you didn't want it, then so be it. If you insist on keeping it, I'll vote YES, just cause I don't want to lose points this nweek and will make sure it gets rescinded next nweek.

Proposal 1151/1: The Weirdest Speeder Upgrade You'll Ever See (Baron von Skippy)
YES
I don't like some of this, but the THGTTG reference tips the balance.

Proposal 1156/2: This is to Inform You That... (M-Tek)
NO
'applies' is not well defined. A charter could say 'all members of this society must throw 1 bomb gnome at each player who was a member of this society each nweek, or give all eir points (up to 20) to this society.' According to this prop, people could just say 'oh, that doesn't apply to me, since I came off leave and all that'.

Proposal 1157/0: Another Band-Aid (TM) For Societies (The Administrator)
ABSTAIN
I think my prop is better, but this won't hurt if it passes. And if this and mine both pass, mine will nullify this one, so it won't hurt if people vote for both.

Proposal 1160/0: More Details, and Power to Boot (Orc In a Spacesuit)
YES

Proposal 1167/0: Enough of It Already! (M-Tek)
YES
Indeed.

Proposal 1168/1: Reactivate the Stock Market (Athena)
NO
I think the Stock Market it still a bit wierd, but hey, that's just my opinion.

Proposal 1169/1: Valhalla (Athena)
NO
This will lead to players making up new societies each nweek for the sole purpose of buying planes.

Proposal 1170/4: Societies and Corporations (Orc In a Spacesuit)
YES
If anyone is planning to vote no, please email your reasoning to me (or the forum. I just want to make sure you understand it when you vote. The problems/issues/whatever Glotmorf has are addressed in his later prop.

Proposal 1171/2: Number Guessing (Athena)
NO
Too exploitable.

Proposal 1172/0: I shall call him... "Mini-Me." (Baron von Skippy)
NO
Confusing as heck, and possible game breaking. I like the idea, but perhaps we should go about it the same way we do it with hands.

Proposal 1173/2: Make it so (Wonko)
YES
I don't think you should be trainable by Yoda, but what the heck.

Proposal 1174/0: The Hand of The Voice (Baron von Skippy)
YES
Good work, BvS. Let's be sure to add a provision for Music if/when I ever get around to doing it.

Proposal 1175/0: Lake Caffeine (Lord Gregarian)
YES
Just for the heck of it. Oh, by the way, Dave, have you "hunted Greg down and killed him dead" yet? :)

Proposal 1176/0: If It Ain't Real, Don't Wave It (Glotmorf)
NO
*wave*

Proposal 1177/0: Disposing of the Idol (Wonko)
NO
I like it.  Lets see if I'm the minority.

Proposal 1178/0: Only When You're There (Wonko)
SHELVE
I like this, but I freely admit I have a scheme that could be set back by this. Note that this is the first time that I have voted putting my personal interests completly above the game; I never have and never will do so without telling everyone else.

Proposal 1179/3: The lottery (bd)
NO
I just don't like the idea.  Sorry.

Proposal 1180/1: If It Ain't Broke, Don't... Oh, Never Mind (Glotmorf)

Part 1: ABSTAIN
This Part will not allow simple societies set up for other purposes, like maybe one made just to allow stockholders. This is up to the preference of the players. I have no preference.

Part 2: NO
Again, this destroys societies on certain conditions. This is up to the preference of the players. I prefer leaving things as they are.

Part 3: ABSTAIN
This Part eliminates useless redundancy. The reasoning Glotmorf gives for it is flawed, but the passage of this Part certainly won't hurt. This is up to the preference of the players. I have no preference.

Part 4: NO!!!!
This Part creates a 'safety measure' to prevent on leave players from being 'exploited'. With my prop (which this is dependent on), exploitation is already impossible. However, this does muck up the gamestate by creating multiple simultaneous charters of the same societies, as one charter reflects a change and another charter does not. This is bad. Very bad. Paradox-inducing bad. I urge everyone to vote NO on this part.

Part 5: NO
Glotmorf says this is redundant, and it is, kind of, but not completly. This redundancy certainly can't hurt (two things saying 'you can transfer points' won't break the game), and it clarifies the ambiguous. I urge everyone to vote NO on this part.

Part 6: NO
I still think 'units' is not a good unit of something, and the whole units/materials/raw materials/resources stuff is a mess. But hey, that's just my opinion here. This is up to the preference of the players. I prefer to not deal with units right now.

Part 7: NO
Another limiter of societies, this one saying that proposals (which I think should be able to do almost anything) can't make societies, unless the society has certain stuff. This is redundant anyway with Parts 1 and 2. This is up to the preference of the players. I prefer not to complicate things.

Part 8: YES
I misunderstood the M-Tek charter, and this Part fixes that. Go for it. This is up to the preference of the players. I prefer to let Glotmorf do what e wants to with his society.

Part 9: NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!
This lets societies force their members to do things against their will! The way societies are set up in my proposal, all societies can do is perform a few actions and do things like kick out members that don't comply. This part 9 would allow the society to suck all of it's members points, BNS, and Bandwidth away. As for Part 4 disallowing that, see my commentary on why Part 4 is bad. I urge everyone to vote NO on this Part.

Proposal 1181/1: Wonko fixes eir errors (Wonko)
YES

Proposal 1182/0: Priority (The Administrator)
ABSTAIN
I'm still not sure of all the effects of this... I may change this vote later if I have time to read up on the rules. I would think Dave would be against things that mess with the rules so much, but he says he thinks it will be fun... I'll let the rest of you decide.

Orc In A Spacesuit
Urges everyone to vote NO on Parts 4, 5, and 9 of Glotmorf's prop, and vox populi on the rest.