Glotmorf on 29 Oct 2002 04:51:03 -0000

[Spoon-business] My refresh prop

My refresh prop is below.  There are some issues that are raised in other refresh props that I'm not addressing in this one.  My reasons for this are as follows:

1. The purpose of a state of emergency is to rectify a condition that is considered to prevent the game from functioning.  To function in a screwy manner isn't necessarily a bug in a Nomic game, and isn't necessarily abnormal.  I personally recognized a state of emergency because I thought the votes-per-player issue prevented the game from functioning.  I don't know of anything else that prevents the game from functioning, so I'm not including anything else in the refresh prop.

2. This Nomic game has a process for evaluating, approving and applying change.  To insert anything into a refresh prop other than emergency condition rectifications is to circumvent that process.  More than that, it is to put players deciding on the refresh prop under the gun, because a refresh prop, unlike a normal proposal, isn't a yes-or-no decision.  One refresh prop *will* be selected, and *will* be implemented.  Players may feel that it is necessary to allow changes that should be in proposals in order to implement a solution to the current emergency.

Given all this, my refresh prop is as follows:

{{ _Glotmorf's Nweek 25 Refresh Prop_

Change the first paragragh of Rule 15 to:
"Players may vote.  Other entities may vote only as explictly permitted by
the rules.  Each Player and other voting entity gets one vote by default,
and may gain others as explictly stated by the rules."

}}

						Glotmorf