Wonko on 26 Oct 2002 03:00:03 -0000

Re: [Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Friday evening)

Quoth David E. Smith,

> Glotmorf recognizes a SOE (that's 5). If you folks really want an
> Emergency before free-for-all Voting begins, you'd better get on it. We
> need two more people to recognize this.

C'mon people... I haven't made a proposal yet, and I guarantee you I'm gonna
propose 'Wonko can do anything e wants' if we can still vote repeatedly by
voting...

> "Insert Name Here" is created (charter #1161). No changes to its
> Ordinances occur, though, under Rule 1144. (My reading is that the
> Ordinances, in this context, is another word for "parts of the Charter"
> and thus can't be changed.) If Wonko could send me a list of the members
> (since I'm not sure who has done whatever one has to do to be a member of
> INH) that'd be swell.

The Ordinances are defined by the Charter to be Private Rules; the Charter
is defined to be the Public Rules. So the changes can take place, but I
guess I'm not allowed to move to change the actual Charter.

I propose a one-line proposal: {{__Repeal rule 1144__ Repeal rule 1144.}}

The members are, I believe: Me, bd, Orc, BvS, and Glotmorf.

> Next nweek, there will be an election for Weather Man, to fill the role of
> the departing Voice.

What all does this require? I may be able to do it...

> BvS's "I destroyed IT!" CFI is 1163, assigned to Wonko.

I judge it False. For any of a number of reasons, most of which are pretty
damn obvious. For example:
1) Gnomes are not neccessarily 'small animals'
2) Black Holes do not 'Trap' Gnomes.
3) The fact that one object may function somewhat like another object does
imply that they're the same object, so IT isn't a bonus box.
4) Placing IT on the Grid was illegal, regardless of what IT was. (default
case)
5) Even if IT *were* a bonus box, and could be placed at the Baron's
Location, that would cause it to immediately be Found, as per the Bonus Box
rule.
6) 'Dissolving in Water' does not mean 'dissolving when wet' when Wet is not
defined to neccessarily have anything to do with Water in the context of the
game
7) 'Dissolve' and 'Be Destroyed' are not the same thing, esp. since one is
defined in the context of the game, and one isn't.

Judgment has been administered.

--
Wonko