Orc In A Spacesuit on 12 Oct 2002 20:42:02 -0000

[Spoon-business] Last-minute props

I pay my debt back to Luigi (I now have 0 points, 0 debt)

Wonko, I came up with an idea: Since Dave managed to get through all the messages, we don't need an SOE anymore. Make your refresh prop a normal prop, and add in the 3 extra lines or whatever to get rid of entropy. I would make the prop, but it's yours, not mine, and I have 2 other props to max out my bandwidth limit with:

I make the following proposal:
{{__Imperial Dave__
Create the following rule:
{{__Not quite Imperial__{*Proposal,1*}
[[The following is from an email Dave sent before the creation of BNomic, about the possibility of making it Imperial:
Pro: We don't have to worry about voting and all that silly stuff.
Con (well, maybe): I get to be an insane fascist. ;)
And he wonders why we don't go for Imperial!]]

Authors of proposals may make eir proposals Nullable. The Admininistrator may, before the votes are counted for the ballot a Nullable proposal is on, Nullify the proposal. If a proposal is Nullified, and it passes, the effects specified in the proposal do not occur as specified by the rule __Voting__. The previous sentence overrules __Voting__ in this regard.

Change the last paragraph of __Standard Delimiters__ to the following:
{{
When these delimiters are used to delimit a rule, they may be followed by a string of the form {*keywordlist, Chutzpahvalue, nullability*}, where keywordlist is a list of words, Chutzpahvalue is a positive integer, and nullability is the optional string "nullable". A rule defined this way shall automatically be assigned all keywords in the keywordlist, if any, has a Chutzpah of Chutzpahvalue, and if nullability is "nullable", is nullable . If {* and *} are not used in this way, the rule is assigned the keyword uncategorized, gets a Chutzpah of 1, and is not nullable.
}}

[[The reason for this is so that people can feel free to propose and vote fot things that may cause Dave trouble, but let Dave decide whether or not it causes too much trouble.]]
}}
[[end proposal Imperial Dave]]

I create the following proposal:
{{__More Details__
In rule __The Roster__, add the sentence "The Administrator is encouraged to make the Roster available to all players, and to put a timestamp on it, in both ntime and real time, to aid the players in performing less confusing actions"

In rule __Societies__, after the first sentence of setion C., add the sentence "This collection of charters may contain other pertinent information, and the Administrator is encouraged to include such information as whether or not the Society still exists in this colletion."

In rule __Rule Activation__, add the sentence "The Administrator is encouraged to indicate in the ruleset all rules which are deactivated."
}}

Orc In A Spacesuit
got this in at 9:41 UTC, a little over 2 hours before the deadline.