David E. Smith on 10 Oct 2002 05:53:04 -0000

[Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Wednesday Nite)

NOTICES :::

This is not a complete Recognizer -- again, it covers what I can get to
before I need to sleep. Obviously, I need to give that up.

The Ministries Web stuff is fixed (a random side-effect of the other stuff
that got broke in Joel's latest upgrade, I think). Ministers can update
stuff all they bleepin' want.

I would genuinely appreciate any suggestions on ways that Ministers and I
can better coordinate actions (so we don't have things like the Gnome
Minister not knowing that bd could afford all the bomb gnomes e wanted to
buy, because I wasn't yet able to recognize all eir points transfers
to/from Orc). In fact, just about anything that would reduce the fact that
I'm a bottleneck in this game would be appreciated. Dammit, I'd like to go
to bed before 1:30 am every now and then!

Hell, while we're at it, I'd appreciate it if people who find massive
logic holes could exploit and/or fix them without making me spend twenty
minutes entering data that will likely be eliminated within a few days
anyway. (That goes for everyone strip-mining hundreds of random spaces,
creating bogus societies, and generally being idiots. You know who you
are. Thank you, drive through.)

PROPS :::

"BNomic-1.0.0-to-1.0.1.diff" is 1108/0.
"What ever" is 1109/0.
"Olive Trees" is 1110/0, 1110/1, 1110/2.
"vSOI v.2.1" is 1111/0.
"The Mookie Secret" is 1113/0.
"Bandwidth Salads" is 1114/0 and an even worse idea than my idea for
increasing player's bandwidth. Expect a veto. ;)
"Football Robots" is 1115/0.
"Grid Fun" is 1116/0 -- and if this is the alternative, I heartily endorce
"Bandwidth Salads."
"The Return" is 1117/0.
Athena's untitled proposal (I'm calling it "Athena's Societies Fix") is 1121/0.

CHARTER MADNESS! :::
The AS charter is revised.
bd joins AS.
BvS and Wonko join OrcTech. I almost deleted that 'press release' because
it looked like spam. :)
"The Secret Mookies" charter is 1112, excepting the fact that WMNV is its
only member as of its creation (nobody else can be forced to join; there's
a lot of rules that say or imply that, go do your own research).
The AS charter is revised again, and WMNV joins.
"Wonko's Slaves" charter is 1118. (Only Wonko is its initial member.)
"Wonko gets points" charter is 1119, and its charter doesn't actually do
anything, as points and the creation thereof are regulated by existing
rules.
"Amalgamated Infinite Loops" charter is 1120, and you people should by
Goddess know that you can't force others into your societies. (BvS still
converts all eir points into BNS, though.)
BvS joins AS.

GRID STUFF (Wild Card, Where Are You?) :::

bd cannot move, as eir intended destination is occupied by Orc, and
(AFAIK) that silly "no two players in the same square" rule is still
around. Fortunately, Orc vacates that square just minutes later; bd later
moves right on in.

Glotmorf strip-mines (6,3). This has the (possibly-unintended) consequence
of nuking Wonko's 40 airspeeders, and yields 35 Resource Units to
Glotmorf. That square is now Gravel.

Orc pings Wonko even closer to the Siren, whilst moving a lot. (-2 points
for the pinball gun, given from bd to Orc)

Wonko uses the Force to crush the Siren, and pings Orc right back. (Since
Wonko already owned a Pinball Gun, I'm assuming e meant to use it instead
of buying a second one, which isn't legal, and thus e doesn't need to
borrow 2 points from Luigi, which e wouldn't need to do anyway as e still
has points.) Wonko's subsequent moves fail (having already moved before
joining a Football Team, and having no Airspeeders as they all got
strip-mined, I'm not entirely sure how to respond.) Wonko also fails to
join Team Crimson, under whichever rule it is that decrees teams must be
balanced.

BvS leaps onto the Grid (and, possibly, into the path of Barney).

WEIRD STUFF :::

It's warm. So warm, in fact, that The Yeti returns to Limbo and all Frozen
Grid squares aren't anymore.

I think enough vSOI members have accepted the change to make it official:
next nweek's Sale will be on Grain Gnomes.

Orc borrows 10 points from Luigi, and subsequently gives lots of points to
bd.

(Random aside: If the Gnomes Minister would be so kind as to include in
eir recognitions how many points players have spent for their transactions
when they're recognized, that'd be swell and peachy-keen.)

"Wonko May Not Vote" joins the game, although I think it'd be swell if e
had a less-confusing name. Welcome! E gets 500BNS, and does some Grid
stuff. WMNV is assigned The Voice as a Mentor, even though e doesn't
immediately appear to need one.

Glotmorf and BvS each receive 5 points for leading their mentees through
two nweeks without disastrous incident. bd does not, as Mithrandir has
left the game.

Glotmorf gives WMNV 1 point. Awful generous of 'em...
Wonko gives WMNV 5 points. The charity just keeps racking up!

bd throws seven bomb gnomes at Orc's Airspeeder, which just strikes me as
really odd (and totals the darn thing).

...dave

--
David E. Smith   dave@[technopagan.org|metadave.net|bureau42.com]