Wonko on 14 Aug 2002 03:15:03 -0000

[Spoon-business] Proposals

Some Props:

{{
__A bit of Exorc.__

In rule twenty-two (Version three)
A list of four things you will see.
But the fourth thing's not cool,
so amend that there rule,
so the fourth thing will no longer be.

[[ Effect: Remove the 3-day ClockStop from the list of Post-Win effects.
Rationale: If we have to wait for a CFI to decide whether or not somebody
won, we wouldn't know what nday it was until the CFI was decided. Worse, the
CFI's result could affect whether or not somebody was recused from the CFI.
That would be bad. ]]
}}

{{
__A bit more Exorc.__

In rule eight-fifteen,
Remove section B dot Six.
Renumber the rest.

[[ Effect: Repeal Force Absorbing.
Rationale: Various Force actions could be recognized by me, and their
effects (such as Grid changes) could be recognized by other ministers,
before it became apparent that the actions had been prevented by absorption,
as only the Admin knows. Also, if someone were to use more force than they
had, but only couldn't afford it because they had Absorbed, I wouldn't know
until the Admin had waited the required time to tell me. That's bad. ]]
}}

{{
__A little more__

Add to the numbered list in rule 257 [[Powers of Executive Tidiness]] the
following:

"6) Amend a rule by removing mentions of an object or type of object which
no longer exists."

[[ Effect: Empower the admin to dispose of obsolete references
Rationale: Objects can be deleted in a single proposal, even if I forget
about Cheerleader Bait.]]
}}

{{
__And finally...__

In Section B6
Of rule one-fifty-four, take
out the last para.

[[ Effect: Remove Entropic Syllable restrictions
Rationale: They don't work - the rules can't regulate what I post to the
Forum any more than they can regulate what clothes I put on in the morning.
And even if they did work, they're just an annoyance - they don't do
anything except encourage people to write proposals that look really ugly.
]]
}}
--
Wonko
Current Status: Wondering what the point of a Current Status message is.