David E. Smith on 12 Aug 2002 21:39:06 -0000

[Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Monday afternoon)

Ah, back to the old grind (so to speak).

bd appeals CFI 887. The Upper House selects Naath, Baron von Skippy, and
Glotmorf.

"Orc In A Spacesuit" joins B Nomic. Just to get it out of the way, I'll
handle eir Grid actions and other stuff as well: E enters the Grid, grabs
some Gnomes, moves, joins a Football team, and tackles Athena. (There
aren't any rules for eating Gnomes; if you want to squeeze one, please say
so.) The tackle lands Orc on the Radar Blip near Athena; the Blip is a
White Hole. Orc thus takes ownership of all Gnomes and Gremlins possessed
by Athena, Wonko, and Glotmorf (giving Orc these Gnomes: Air (2), Alien,
Basic, Earth, Grain, Sheep (2), including the two Sheep Gnomes e got when
e landed on the Grid). E gets 100 BNS (all the Bank has to offer) when
joining the game. Whew, that's a lot of stuff for one email.

Wonko has failed to catch bd's thrown Beer Can. It drops at Wonko's
location. (No points change hands, since the point penalty for failure to
catch a thrown Beer Can only applies if the target is in Limbo.)

Orc is assigned Glotmorf as a mentor.

Orc and bd both buy ludicrous quantities of stock. I can't even call it
penny stock because it's not even worth that much.

Mithrandir buys more stock and inflates the economy arbitrarily.

Orc cannot drink 5 glasses of champagne e does not have.

Naath returns from Leave. Welcome back!

Squire of Dimness joins the game. Welcome! E sets a gender, enters the
Grid, and wields angrily the Sledge-O-Matic. E also sets off two Radar
Blips, and is assigned a mentor. Baron von Skippy, take good care of this
one. ;) Glotmorf gives Squire 1 point, as a gesture of supreme kindness.

New proposals:

"Night of the Living Dead Stock Market" is 965/0.
"Graves, Make That my New Motto" is 966/0.
"Healthy Competition, My Ass" is 967/0.
"And now, the Dramatic Conclusion" is 968/0.
"You do the Crime, You Serve the Time" is 969/0.
"Eddie's in the Space-Time Continuum" is 970/0.
"Stock Control" is 958/2.
Squire's untitled proposal is 971/0.
"Marching through Wall Street" is 972/0.
"Public Exposure" is 973/0.
"Bad Dog!" is 974/0.

...dave

---- David E. Smith   (Currently homeless in Oregon)