David E. Smith on 11 Aug 2002 14:29:04 -0000

[Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Triumphant Return edition)

The Administrator Utters the Magic Words, "Holy shit, I made it!"

The Clock is reset and turned On; today is nweek 22, nday 4.
(Actually, *the* Public Forum, just to eliminate any ambiguity.)
Recreated 0/0.
Repealed 907.
Created 212/2.

In a fit of boredom, while waiting to get back online, I finally figured
out how to make rule revision histories into hyperlinks (so you can see
the proposals that made each change).

BvS's containers of Purple Jesus Punch have 6 and 5 drinks respectively. E
also accrued 33 points of Entropy, converted 99 BNS into 9 points, spent a
all 125 of eir points, and should consider opening a restaurant. (It'll
have to be "The Brevity" or something because e's now well into the
1-syllable Entropy limit.)

Random notes accrued from reading through the lists for the last week:

* There were no winners in the "FIND THE FORUM!!!!" subgame. The real
forum was a battered notebook in the passenger seat of my Geo Metro
containing only nude sketches of Reese Witherspoon. (There's no
requirement that the forum be Internet-based.)

* Wonko can't give away the Scarf. First, because there was no public
forum when e did so; second, because that can only be done in the first
two ndays of each nweek.

* bd can't appeal any CFIs, same no-forum reason.

* "Orc In A Spacesuit" (should we call you Orc, or Mr. Spacesuit?) is
encouraged to join now that there really is a game again. (I think you'll
only get 100BNS instead of the standard 500, on account of the Bank being
hosed, but it's a start...)

* BvS's funny Motto proposal isn't, same no-forum reason. Shame, that, as
I rather like the motto.

* I fear C++ Nomic.

* Every time I leave, the whole thing turns into Calvinball. Why am I even
here? You seem to be doing just fine without me... :-)

* Springfield.

* Naath can't return from Leave, but I certainly hope e tries again.

...dave

---- David E. Smith   (Currently homeless in Oregon)
http://www.technopagan.org/     http://metadave.net/
http://www.bureau42.com/        http://whatIsay.com/