David E. Smith on 2 Aug 2002 19:59:04 -0000

[Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Friday afternoon)

The Clock turns Off.

Votes are counted and other cool stuff happens. (Vote results are included
herein by reference.)

Rocky drops a random Big Rock (-4 points, no siren).

Pinhead gives all proposal authors (BvS, Dan, WC, Glotmorf, Athena, bd,
Wonko, and The Voice) 9 points.

Bean gets hit with Garbage Collection. Sorry, chumley.

bd joins vSOI.

bd goes on a mad spending spree! e converts 495 BNS into 45 Score points,
spending 33 of those points on the components for three Bomb Gnomes. E
buys another random gnome (2 pts, Herb Gnome). (+35 pts to the Gnome Acct)

Random Grid updates: Wonko is on a Bonus Box (Shiny! +25 points!).
A Radar Blip appears near Athena.

Athena is our new Ambassador.
Nobody seems to care about the Ministry of Gremlins, so I'm it.

Random aside: For the first time in a long time, the ruleset actually got
smaller. (I use, as my metric, how big a plain PostScript file of the
ruleset is. Last nweek it was 86 pages; this nweek it's a positively
slender 84.)

Mithrandir joins the game. Welcome to the rootinest, tootinest Nomic this
side of the Pecos! bd is assigned to Mentor Mithrandir. Wild Card returns
to the Mentor Pool, scoring ten points for mentoring Athena, even though
WC didn't seem to do much of anything. :)

Mithrandir sets eir gender to Drone.

The Immunity Idol is awarded to Wonko.
The Token of Proposals cannot be awarded to Wonko, and so is awarded to
Athena.

Bruce burns someone (Glotmorf)
The new Gremlin Number is 90.
A new Ball of Wax falls from, well, wherever it is they fall from.

All vSOI members get their free nweekly Gnome. (They're on the Roster.)
(The new Gnome Minister should get in touch with me to determine how e
wants to handle this sort of thing -- should Gnomes continue to be listed
here, or just on whatever Web page the Gnome Ministry sets up?)

The Illegally Obtained Ballot is awarded to Baron von Skippy. (bd and BvS
tied, but bd had it last nweek.)

The Grid Minister is directed to move Curt and Rod, and to handle
Mithrandir's Grid actions.
The Weather Man is directed to update the Weather.
All Ministers are directed to submit invoices for the previous nweek.

The Clock turns On.

Now, I'm gonna try to sort out all the stock exchange action that's taken
place. Wish me luck...

(For the record, my interpretation of the Stock Exchange rule is that
there are effectively infinite shares of every stock, including all player
and proposal stocks. And everyone who said they were merely buying a
player's stock only bought 1 share unless specified otherwise. I *think*
the rules back me up on this one...)

Another aside: the "bonus" clause in Section C of the Stock Exchange rule
is shockingly ambiguous. I'm interpreting it as "the player receives BNS
equal to the amount spent on the stock".

Glotmorf buys 1 share of Iain (6 BNS).

Baron von Skippy buys 1 share each of Athena (10 BNS), bd (4 BNS), Dan (7
BNS), Glotmorf (29 BNS), Mithrandir (0 BNS), The Voice (25 BNS), Wild Card
(3 BNS), and Wonko (29 BNS).

Mithrandir buys 1 share of BvS (12 BNS).

Glotmorf buys, then sells, one share of several players. This causes those
other players' BNS balances to go up a bit, which is probably a Bug.
(Athena, bd, Dan, The Voice, Wild Card, and Wonko each gain their share
price from the Bank.)

Wonko effectively robs the Bank, buying an obscene number of shares in
Mithrandir, giving the latter 11 points, then selling as many shares as
can be sold before the bank busts... I'm pretty damn sure eir action is
legal, sadly. E now owns many many shares of Mithrandir that e can't sell,
since there's no rules for players trading stock, and the bank is
bankrupt. (This is a Bad Thing, by the way.)

"Cleaning Up After Wonko's Cleanup" is 951/0.

CFI 887 is reassigned to Athena.

House Grem recruits Pinhead and makes its nweekly insta-prop. (This one
makes even less sense than the last one! Wheee!)

What'd I miss this time?

...dave

---- David E. Smith, POB 515045, St. Louis, MO 63151
http://www.technopagan.org/     http://metadave.net/