Jeremy \"Athena\" Cook on 26 Jul 2002 15:55:03 -0000

[Spoon-business] Stocks v. 3

Very large bug in v. 2. I changed section E.

Change the proposed rule "B Nomic Stock Exchange" to:

{{
__B Nomic Stock Exchange__

A.
There are five corporate stocks of B Nomic:
1. Nonconsolidated Meringue
2. Ocelot Livers, Inc.
3. Mostly Empty Space Enterprises
4. Interplanetary Underwriters
5. Cauchy's Revenge
The initial price for each share of corporate stock is 10 BNS.

B.
At the beginning of each nweek, (1d5)-3 BNS is added to the price of each
corporate stock, with a different roll for each stock. If this results in
any corporate stock's price being 0 BNS or less, that company goes
Bankrupt, all players who have shares in that company lose them, and the
price of the stock is reset to 10 BNS. [[A new company has appeared on the
stock market]]

C.
There is one player stock for each player. The price of a player stock is
N/10 BNS (rounded up) where N is the player's score, or 0 BNS if the
player's score is negative. When a player's stock is purchased, e
receives a bonus equal to the amount spent on the stock.

D.
There is one proposal stock for each proposal identification number.
Before a proposal has passed, the price of a proposal stock is 50 BNS.
After a proposal has passed, the price is 100 BNS. Failed proposal stock
is worth nothing.

E.
Any player can purchase any number of shares of any of these stocks
except eir own player stock that e has money for by announcing e is doing
so in a public forum and paying the price to the Bank.

F.
Any player can sell any number of shares that e owns in any of the stocks
by announcing that e is doing so in a public forum. E loses the stocks e
is selling and receives the sum of their prices in BNS from the Bank.

}}

Athena

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
	"All our belief systems, religions, and governments are the result
of a series of mistakes that turned out to be better at making copies of
themselves after all."
	-Richard Brodie
	http://www.memecentral.com/Level3.htm

	"We look at the world through windows on which have been drawn
grids (concepts). Different philosophies use different grids. A culture is
a group of people with rather similar grids. Through a window we view
chaos, and relate it to the points on our grid, and thereby understand it.
The ORDER is in the GRID."
	-The Principia Discordia
	Jeremy Cook
	The Goddess Athena