The Voice on 5 Jul 2002 21:54:05 -0000

[Spoon-business] The Mimic Gremlin

Well, as I am running out of ideas, and I can't run with the weather until I'm the Minister, I'll just reproduce some of my older ideas; I counted--most of the Gremlins that exist are my creations.

{{ __Copycat!__

Add a new section B.11 titled __The Mimic Gremlin, a.k.a Gogo__ to rule 256 with the following -0- delimited text:

-0-
There exists a Gremlin known as The Mimic Gremlin, also known as Gogo. If Gogo is active, then at the end of every nweek, Gogo chooses another Gremlin randomly. Gogo does this before any other Gremlin performs an action, and cannot choose Curt, Rod, Luigi, or The Witch Gremlin in this fashion. Gogo is said to be Mimicking the Gremlin e chooses. As long as Gogo is Mimicking a Gremlin, whenever that Gremlin performs an action, Gogo performs the same action, as defined entirely by the rule which defines the Gremlin who is being Mimicked. Gogo may not Mimic two Gremlins at once; e stops Mimicking a Gremlin when e chooses to Mimic a different Gremlin. If Gogo chooses to Mimic the same Gremlin two nweeks in a row, e goes into hiding for one nweek immediately before the next time e chooses a Gremlin to Mimic. If at any point the Gremlin Gogo is Mimicking goes into Hiding for any reason, Gogo goes into hiding until the end of that nweek immediately before e would choose another Gremlin to Mimic. If the Gremlin Gogo is Mimicking performs an action to a random target [[player, proposal, etc.]], that Gremlin and Gogo may not perform the action to the same target.
-0-

In subsection B.3 of rule 256, change all instances of the string "the Token of Proposals" to "a Token of Proposals" [[If Gogo then Mimicked the Bandwidth Gremlin, they wouldn't be trying to award the same Token to two different players.]].

}}

-0- Thus Spake The Voice -0-