Wonko on 4 Jul 2002 18:39:04 -0000

[Spoon-business] Proposal

{{
__Fixing the Past__

[[ Well, I was going to use this last proposal to do something with the
Scoring Gremlin, but it has occurred to me that would have been very helpful
had we had some way of legalizing all the illegal actions taken by the
Adminstrator and M-Tek in regards to the proposal making process. The ideal
system would be one that we don't even notice - one that goes in and changes
the gamestate to match what we think the gamestate is. The only time we'd
ever even realize that the system was working would be when realize
belatedly, as we have done now, that something we were all assuming was
legal wasn't. Thus I propose the following change to the Statute of
Limitations: ]]

Amend Rule 129 [[ Statute of Limitation ]] to read:

"10 days after the Administrator, in a message to all players, makes any
statement about the rules or game state, the rules and gamestate shall be
altered to what they now would be had that statement been true at the time
it was made, unless in the intervening time any player objects to the
statement in a message to all players, in which case the usual methods for
determining the current rules and game state shall apply.

The Administrator may prevent the effects of this rule at any time, without
publicly notifying anyone.

This rule takes precedence over all other rules. "
}}

--
Wonko