Wonko the Sane on 5 Jun 2002 16:01:25 -0000

spoon-business: DimShip rewrite

If a player owns a DimShip and has launched it, then rules other than this one that check eir dimension values will check the values of eir virtual dimensions. Rules that change the values of dimensions, though, will change eir real dimensions.

I'm still a little leery of two things - 'check' and 'virtual'. I'm still not convinced that the virtual things work, and it's not always clear whether or not a rule is actually 'checking' something or not. Besides, why distinguish between checking and setting? I'd suggest something like this:

"If a player owns an Active DimShip, then eir dimensions shall be treated as if they were equal to the sum of eir actual dimensions and the virtual dimensions contained by the Active DimShip. The previous sentence does not apply to this rule."