David E. Smith on 29 May 2002 04:33:30 -0000

spoon-business: my head hurts.

The only official action in this email: I'm declaring a one-day Writ of
Delay so we can try to sort things out. It may, or may not, be extended.

I'm tempted to suggest that someone declare a DimShip-related Emergency,
but I don't want to resort to that, at least not yet.

Random points to ponder, most of which have already been pondered but I
want 'em all in one place, mostly so I can work 'em all out in my head...

* In my mind, common sense would dictate that a player can only be on one
DimShip at a time (i.e. only one DimShip can modify a player's virtual
dimension values).

* Though a very spurious argument, the rules all refer to DimShips in the
singular, at least where it relates to that point.

* Based upon that assumption, at least, Wonko's gambit fails miserably.

* I don't even know what the hell Rob is smoking, or where he gets his
"every dim change causes the vdims to stack" bit. That's even more of a
stretch than Wonko's interpretation.

* As soon as I get round to assigning numbers for the (multiple)
outstanding CFJs relevant to the alleged Wins, I'd suggest the first judge
rule "UNDECIDED" immediately, then someone -- doesn't matter much whom --
can appeal that ruling. That way, this will all be sorted out collectively
(and via random judge assignment, to reduce the possibility of
Administrative bias). Something this big really needs to be handled as a
group consensus sorta thing. (Off the record: I hope UIN gets one of those
assignments, as I'm sure e'll have lots of fun with 'em.)

* Completely unrelated stuff: I don't think BvS can make others members of
vSOI, as this seems to be the sort of thing that would require the consent
of the enrolled player.

* I rather like Glotmorf's "instant paradox" interpretation of things.

...dave

---- David E. Smith, POB 515045, St. Louis, MO 63151
Disturbingly cool! Visit http://www.majesticmix.com/