Ed Murphy on 24 May 2002 08:46:59 -0000

spoon-business: Judgment of CFI 721; Appeal of CFI 712

I agree with Glotmorf's CFI (I believe it is or will be 728), which
claims that the only ways to join the Holy Order of Points are the
following ways from Proposal 676:

     a) Be Wonko.  (Effective in making Wonko a member)
     b) Vote for Proposal 676.  (Ineffective, due to Rule 155)
     c) Be a new player, and declare joining.  (Has not taken effect;
          none of the players claiming to join this way were new players)

For this reason, I judge the statement of CFI 721:

     "Wonko is the sole member of the Holy Order of Points."

to be TRUE.

I also appeal the judgment of CFI 712, whose statement (judged TRUE by
The Reality Police) is:

     "Glotmorf can't join the Holy order of Points.  There's nothing
      in the club prop that says how you can join it, other than the
      (illgal) method of joining by voting for it."

Here is an excerpt from Proposal 676:

     "New players may join by announcing eir intention to do so on a
      Public Forum"

The object of "join" in this excerpt is "the Holy Order of Points",
and the object of "you" in the second sentence of CFJ 712's statement
includes "new players", so the second sentence is false - making the
entire statement false.

--
Ed Murphy <emurphy42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>          "I'm not sure I can go through
http://members.fortunecity.com/emurphy/      with it.  Leave, I mean."