Gavin Doig on 20 May 2002 12:17:38 -0000

spoon-business: Appeal: CFJ 688

Per rule 404/3, I Appeal CFJ 688.

For analysis (which isn't defined by R404, but nonetheless) I quote the following message I sent in reply to BvS:
#beginquote
"There is no place where a price tag is put on a glass of Champagne." I gather from this that you're saying that one can therefore buy Champagne for 0 points, just as one can buy beer for 5 points. However, that is only the case because the rules say "Players who are in Limbo can buy Beer for five points", which both defines the price and permits the purchase. While there is no price defined for Champagne, there is likewise no method of purchase defined, and it is therefore impossible under r18 (if you're sensible), or rule 393 (otherwise).

Which is not to say your verdict may not be correct, but since you have given no evidence that you've even considered my given analysis, I feel obliged to send this to a higher court.
#endquote

The Reality Police.
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup