David E. Smith on 7 May 2002 03:25:01 -0000

spoon-business: The Daily Recognizer (Monday night)

This is the requisite "nweek transition" edition...

The following events happen before the end of nweek 14:

Rocky throws a random Big Rock (cost 4 points to the Gremlin Fund). It
lands at (3,10).

Pinhead gives 9 points to each of: Bean, Baron von Skippy, Glotmorf, Rob,
The Voice, Wild Card, and Wonko.

The following Grid moves take place:

Baron von Skippy moves to (10,11)
Wild Card moves to (2,17)
Glotmorf's move is out of range. (Eir replacement move didn't arrive until
after the end of the nweek, and is therefore disqualified.) E doesn't
shoot Wonko for the same reason. (Since the move did arrive during nweek
15, I'm treating it as your one move for nweek 15; it will be attended to
later.)
rachel moves to (12,6).
Wonko moves to (16,11).
Congenital Optimist already is at (6,11) and therefore doesn't move.

The following events happen between nweeks 14 and 15:

Votes are counted; the vote results are included herein by reference.

Robin steals 9 points from Rob and splits them between Yuki and rachel.
(The relevant rule doesn't seem to specify what happens in case of a tie,
so I split 'em. I flipped a coin, and the "odd" point went to rachel.)

The following events happen at the start of nweek 15:

The new Gremlin number is 92.
The Immunity Idol is awarded to Wonko.
The Token of Proposals is awarded to Glotmorf (under the tie-breaker rule).
Two Sheep Gnomes fall from the sky.
A Herb Gnome is churned out by the Gnome Factory.
The Yeti moves (much less than it used to).
A Ball of Wax falls from the sky.
The Weather updates: the Temperature rises to 10 degrees. (All Frozen
squares become Wet.)
This week's Colour Commentator is rachel.
Curt and Rod move round a bit.
Congenital Optimist is still Burnt; Bruce goes into Hiding.

Universal Entropy is 238.
Thresholds remain the same (16.6/25/33.3)

At 3-syllable threshold: Baron von Skippy, Bean, Wild Card
At 2-syllable threshold: Glotmorf, The Voice
At 1-syllable threshold: Wonko

Yuki is placed on Forced Leave.
Iain is placed on Forced Leave.

Wild Card joins Team Turquoise. Under the new rules, Grid movements take
place immediately; unfortunately, as e is nowhere near (17,2), it doesn't
matter too much. Maybe you meant (2,17)?

Glotmorf moves to (14,11) and grabs the Ball of Wax.

...dave

---- David E. Smith, POB 515045, St. Louis MO 63151
http://www.technopagan.org/    http://metadave.net/
http://www.bureau42.com/       http://whatIsay.com/