David E. Smith on 7 May 2002 03:24:34 -0000

spoon-business: NWEEK 14 RESULTS

Proposal 623/0 (We can't speak properl... uh... right...) (Bean):
AFF: rachel
NEG: Baron von Skippy, Dan, Glotmorf, The Voice
ABS: Congenital Optimist
SHL: Wild Card
Counts: (1-4-1-1). Measure fails. Bean loses 4 points.

Proposal 624/1 (I want to run now!) (The Voice):
AFF: Baron von Skippy, Dan, The Voice, Wild Card
NEG: Glotmorf, rachel
ABS: Congenital Optimist
Counts: (4-2-1-0). Measure passes.
Created 301/6 (rectified: replace abbrevs. with complete words).
The Voice scores 12 points.

Proposal 642/1 (Judicial Reform) (Wild Card):
AFF: Dan, Wild Card
ABS: Baron von Skippy, Congenital Optimist, rachel, The Voice
SHL: Glotmorf
Counts: (2-0-4-1). Measure fails. Wild Card loses 2 points.

Proposal 643/1 (One tequila, two tequila, three keteela, floor) (Baron von
Skippy):
AFF: Baron von Skippy, Dan, The Voice
NEG: rachel
ABS: Congenital Optimist
SHL: Glotmorf, Wild Card
Counts: (3-1-1-2). Measure fails. Measure is shelved.
Created 661/0 (proposal).

Proposal 644/3 (New Gnome Mixes) (Wonko):
AFF: Baron von Skippy, Dan, rachel, The Voice, Wild Card
ABS: Congenital Optimist
Counts: (5-0-1-0). Measure passes.
Created 638/1.
Wonko scores 8 points.

Proposal 645/0 (Wake Me When Yer Done, Dear) (Glotmorf):
AFF: Baron von Skippy, Dan, Glotmorf, The Voice, Wild Card,
ABS: Congenital Optimist, rachel,
Counts: (5-0-2-0). Measure passes.
Measure is vetoed by the Administrator.
[[ Technical difficulties in implementation, and general pain-in-the-ass
factor on the parts of everyone involved. This revision, as written, would
lead to half-days and a whole lot of strangeness. May I suggest something
like this to take its place:

At the end of each nweek, a Writ of Delay for one day is automatically
issued, without any action required on the part of the Administrator. If,
at the end of that day, the results of the previous nweek's voting have
not yet been issued by the Administrator, a Writ of More Delay (one day)
is automatically issued. [[ This process intentionally cuts off after two
days, so that the game won't get caught in an infinite loop that could
conceivably circumvent even Rule Zero. ]]

]]
Glotmorf scores 9 points.

Proposal 646/0 (To Fix Dim Ships?) (Glotmorf):
AFF: Baron von Skippy, Dan, Glotmorf, The Voice
NEG: Wild Card
ABS: Congenital Optimist, rachel
Counts: (4-1-2-0). Measure passes.
Created 493/2.
Glotmorf scores 10 points.

Proposal 647/1 (Walking the line) (Baron von Skippy):
AFF: Baron von Skippy, Dan, Glotmorf, rachel, The Voice, Wild Card
ABS: Congenital Optimist
Counts: (6-0-1-0). Measure passes.
Created 394/10.
Created 662/0.
Baron von Skippy scores 14 points.

Proposal 648/0 (Buzz) (Rob):
AFF: Baron von Skippy, Dan
NEG: rachel, The Voice
ABS: Congenital Optimist, Glotmorf, Wild Card
Counts: (2-2-3-0). Measure fails. Rob loses 3 points.

Proposal 649/0 (A Piece of the Action) (Glotmorf):
AFF: Baron von Skippy, Glotmorf, Wild Card (13)
NEG: Dan, rachel, The Voice
ABS: Congenital Optimist
Counts: (3-3-1-0). Measure fails. Glotmorf loses 2 points.
[[ I know it's a Charter Proposal, but it still fails, for the same
reasons "Fight Club" failed last nweek. Someone should consider fixing
that at some stage. Just a note in Rule 631 that "This rule supercedes
Rule thirtysomething as regards vote counting" would suffice, as would a
revision to rule thirty-whatever that specifically exempts Charter
Proposals. ]]

Proposal 650/0 (Ruleset Restructuring #1 - The Really, really,
brand-spankin' New *buzz* Yeti!) (Wonko):
AFF: Baron von Skippy, Dan, rachel, The Voice
NEG: Wild Card
ABS: Congenital Optimist
Counts: (4-1-1-0). Measure passes.
Created 348/4.
Removed all Frozen squares from the Grid, per dictate. (Whee!)
Wonko scores 11 points.

Proposal 651/0 (Ruleset Restructuring #2 - Vote Changing) (Wonko):
AFF: Baron von Skippy, Dan, rachel, The Voice
NEG: Wild Card
ABS: Congenital Optimist
Counts: (4-1-1-0). Measure passes.
Created 30/1.
Created 31/4 (repeal).
[[ I can't rewrite history, but it doesn't matter. Nothing that happened
before nweek 14, nday 3, can be CFJ'd, and there were no vote revisions on
the present ballot. ]]
Wonko scores 9 points.

Proposal 652/0 (Ruleset Restructuring #3 - Last-Minute Revisions) (Wonko):
AFF: Baron von Skippy, Dan, rachel, The Voice
NEG: Wild Card
ABS: Congenital Optimist
Counts: (4-1-1-0). Measure passes.
Created 19/5.
Wonko scores 14 points.

Proposal 653/0 (Ruleset Restructuring #4 - The Ballot) (Wonko):
AFF: Baron von Skippy, Dan, The Voice
NEG: rachel, Wild Card
ABS: Congenital Optimist
Counts: (3-2-1-0). Measure passes.
Created 23/1.
Wonko scores 11 points.

Proposal 654/0 (Thirsty?) (Baron von Skippy):
AFF: Baron von Skippy, Dan, Glotmorf, The Voice, Wild Card
NEG: rachel
ABS: Congenital Optimist
Counts: (5-1-1-0). Measure passes.
Created 663/0.
Created 638/2.
Baron von Skippy scores 11 points.

Proposal 656/0 (Hey, He Took My Handbag!) (The Voice):
AFF: Baron von Skippy, Glotmorf, rachel, The Voice, Wild Card
NEG: Dan
ABS: Congenital Optimist
Counts: (5-1-1-0). Measure passes.
No effect (per 293/6, this proposal does nothing).
The Voice scores 15 points.

Proposal 657/0 (Nweek 14 Hole Plugs) (Glotmorf):
AFF: Baron von Skippy, Dan, Glotmorf, The Voice, Wild Card
ABS: Congenital Optimist, rachel
Counts: (5-0-2-0). Measure passes.
Created 440/5.
Created 631/1.
Glotmorf scores 6 points.

Proposal 658/0 (Cut on the Dotted Line) (Glotmorf):
AFF: Baron von Skippy, Glotmorf, Wild Card
NEG: Dan, The Voice
ABS: Congenital Optimist
SHL: rachel
Counts: (3-2-1-1). Measure fails. Glotmorf loses 2 points.

Proposal 659/0 (Make Things Work) (The Administrator):
AFF: Baron von Skippy, Dan, rachel, The Voice
NEG: Glotmorf
ABS: Congenital Optimist, Wild Card
Counts: (4-1-2-0). Measure passes.
Created 127/2.