David E. Smith on 3 May 2002 01:56:48 -0000

spoon-business: The Daily Recognizer (Thursday evening)

Ladies and gentlemen, it's that time again!

"Thirsty?" is 654/0.
"One tequila..." is 643/1.

The Voice gives the Sushi to The Reality Police.
Naath goes on Leave.

UIN's latest entry in "World's Strangest CFJs" is 655, assigned to Wild
Card.

"Hey, He Took My Handbag!" is 656/0.
"Nweek 14 Hole Plugs" is 657/0.
"Cut on the Dotted Line" is 658/0.

Rachel joins. I'm assuming eir chosen name is "Rachel" since e failed to
specify otherwise. Welcome!

And it's time for my proposal for this nweek...

__Make Things Work__

{{
* Remove the word "randomly" from rule 127. [[ It'll be more fun that way. ]]
* Replace the text of Rule 573 with the following:
{{
The Administrator may, at any time while the Clock is On, issue a Writ of
Delay, optionally specifying a number of days [[ not ndays or wdays ]].
Immediately upon the issue of a Writ of Delay, the Clock turns Off for the
number of days specified. If no number is specified, it defaults to 1.

The Administrator may, during any period in which the Clock is Off due to
a Writ of Delay, issue a Writ of More Delay. The Administrator must
specify a number of days with a Writ of More Delay. The Clock shall remain
off for the number of days specified in the Writ of More Delay, in
addition to the period of stoppage specified in the original Writ of
Delay.
}}
}}

[[
If the Split Props measure passes, remember that you can apply it to this
proposal. The first part is, I expect, somewhat more controversial than
the second...

The intent of the first part is just to give me the occasional giggle.

The intent of the second part is to reflect reality just a bit better. For
instance, if I were to issue a Writ of Delay now, it wouldn't kick in for
almost 24 hours, by which time the backlog is even more wicked.

At some point, we ought to allow at least some basic stuff to be done
while the Clock is Off. Maybe a clause that proposals can be made while
the Clock is Off, but they are considered to be recognized as of when the
Clock comes back on, instead of when they're received on a public forum.
]]

The above is recognized as 659/0.

The Yeti moves round a bit.
Curt and Rod move round a bit.
The Weather is updated: it's zero degrees. Someone buy me some shorts and
a loud Hawaiian shirt!

Voting will start in about 22 hours. Still time to get in those last
minute proposals!

...dave

---- David E. Smith, POB 515045, St. Louis MO 63151
http://www.technopagan.org/    http://metadave.net/
http://www.bureau42.com/       http://whatIsay.com/

"There is so much randomness in the world that it's
a dice roll whether I'm happy or depressed." - TMCM