Tyler Crosby on 27 Feb 2002 03:28:42 -0000

spoon-business: Wind

I promised I'd add more, so here goes:

{{ _No, YOU'RE a Blowhard!_

[[

Watch out where you aim!
The wind is blowing hard and
you may miss your goal.

]]

Append the following -0- delimited text to the end of rule 405/0:

-0-
Wind is a Characteristic.

Wind has two sub-characteristics, Speed (S) and Direction (D). All objects which are thrown on the Grid (gremlins, players via E.A., etc.) behave in the following manner: If 5<S<10, the thrown object falls 1 square away from the intended target in the direction of D (north, west, southeast, etc.). If 10<S<20, the thrown object falls 2 squares away from the intended target in the direction of D. If 20<S<30, the thrown object falls 3 squares away from the intended target in the direction of D. If 30<S<40, the thrown object automatically falls into Limbo. If an object is in flight when S and D are updated, its target is changed relative to its once-adjusted position.
-0-
}}

My values for S are based in mph, if you (dave) have values in kph more easily accessible, I give you permission to rectify this proposal in order to give comparable values for S. Also, that last sentence is kinda badly phrased. If anyone has any suggestions on how to phrase that better, feel free to put them on discuss and I will implement them.

-0- Thus Spake The Voice -0-
*Ignore this signature if :
1) it doesn't make sense to you
2) it seems outdated
3) you feel moved to make a sarcastic comment
4) you didn't read to the end of this list.
Thank you, and have a nice day.*