David E. Smith on 13 Feb 2002 07:15:14 -0000

spoon-business: Nweek 7 vote results

Now, vote results! Woohoo!

339/2 passes (10-0-1). Lovely rule, that.
Created 393/0.
Rob scores 11 points.

342/1 passes (6-4-1).
Created rosters for Team Turquoise and Team Crimson.
Created the Football, and gave it to Bean.
Added Bean to Team Turquoise roster.
Created 394/0.
Created 394/1.
Bean scores 11 points.

343/0 passes (7-2-2).
Created 395/0.
Added "Respect" to dimension list. Hacked many scripts to cope.
Added "Non-brain-damaged dimension system" to "week-off list". The week
off, of course, coincides with "the week I have to cover a co-worker's
time off because her baby's about to pop out" so I can't promise how much
of that stuff will get done, but...
Bean scores 12 points.

359/2 fails (4-5-2).
Wonko loses 1 point.

360/2 fails (4-4-3).
Wonko loses 3 points.

361/0 passes (7-2-2).
Created 396/0.
Created 296/1.
Created 296/2.
Gave 100 points to The Scoring Gremlin.
Wonko scores 13 points.

362/1 passed (7-2-2).
Created 397/0.
Created 398/0.
Created 399/0.
Created 357/1.
Bean scores 9 points.

363/0 passed (6-3-2).
Created 355/1.
Created 301/2.
Wonko scores 7 points.

364/1 passes (7-2-2).
Created Rocky, the Meteor Gremlin.
Created 400/0.
Bear in mind that since this rule specifies Rocky does eir thing at the
END of an nweek, he won't throw anything around just now.
Glotmorf scores 4 points.

365/0 fails (3-6-2).
Glotmorf loses 4 points.

366/0 passes (7-2-2).
Created 346/2.
Glotmorf scores 17 points.

367/1 passes (9-0-2).
Created 0/0. Weird. (I hope the database will actually display the darn
thing - there are some ugly assumptions in my code about all rules having
positive numbers and all.)
Glotmorf scores 13 points.

368/0 passes (5-4-2).
Created 401/0.
Congenital Optimist scores 6 points.

370/1 passes (6-3-2).
Created Curt and Rod. Heh.
Created 402/0.
The Voice scores 10 points.

371/0 fails (2-8-1).
Dan loses 6 points.

372/1 passes (6-3-2).
Created 403/0.
Dan scores 8 points.

373/0 passes (8-1-2).
Created 357/2.
Created 257/3.
Scoff! scores 9 points, which are transferred to The Scoring Gremlin.

374/0 passes (6-4-1).
Created 404/0.
Scoff! scores 10 points.

375/1 passes (7-3-1).
Created 17/1.
Created 28/1.
Created 128/5.
Created 129/1.
Created 10/1.
Created 300/1.
Wow.
Wonko scores a meager 13 points for that wonderfully complex omnibus proosal.

376/0 fails (4-6-1).
Uncle Psychosis loses 1 point.

377/1 passes (6-4-1).
I much preferred the version created by 375, but what the hell.
Created 129/2.
Just to test it out, I declare that the gamestate is Blue.
Uncle Psychosis scores 12 points.

379/0 fails (4-5-2).
Bean loses 4 points.

380/0 fails (4-4-3).
Glotmorf loses 2 points.

381/0 passes (6-3-2).
Created 405/0.
The rule doesn't specify precisely WHEN during the nday I have to update
the Weather, so I'll do so... now. Here's the weather, according to the
little weather applet I have on my dock:

Wind: from the WNW (300 degrees) at 5 MPH (5 KT):0
Visibility: 10 mile(s):0
Sky conditions: mostly clear
Temperature: 34.0 F (1.1 C)
Windchill: 30 F (-1 C):1
Dew Point: 24.1 F (-4.4 C)
Relative Humidity: 66%
Pressure (altimeter): 30.33 in. Hg (1027 hPa)
Pressure tendency: 0.07 inches (2.4 hPa) higher than three hours ago

It's above freezing, by the way. Just barely, but still...

The Voice scores 10 points.

382/0 passes (5-4-2).
Created the Yoyo Gremlin.
Created 406/0.
The Voice scores 13 points.

383/0 failed (4-4-3).
The Voice loses 1 point.

384/0 passes (6-3-2).
I'm not actually creating the rule, because it will repeal itself after
ten wdays anyway. And besides, I still don't have a good way to deal with
repealed rules - it's on the list of things with which I need to deal.
The Voice scores 8 points and my gratitude.

385/0 passes (8-1-2).
Created 153/1.
Changed "Distance" to "Displacement" on the Roster page and in the db.
An (unintended?) side effect of all this is that everyone's Speed is now
zero, since Displacement wasn't defined at the start of the previous
nweek.
Created 407/0.
Rob scores 7 points.

386/0 passes (7-2-2).
Created 408/0.
Congenital Optimist scores 8 points.

technically, the next nweek won't start for a while, but I'm gonna get it
out of the way now.)

...dave