Donald Whytock on 3 Feb 2002 07:08:06 -0000

spoon-business: new proposal: ptime

Has anyone noticed that we still don't have a paradox resolution rule?  Or maybe it's just me...

{{ _The Pause that Refreshes_

Create a new rule:

{{ _Paradox_

There exists an entity known as the Pause.  The Pause shall consist of one number, representing pdays.  The Pause is initially Inactive.

If the Pause is Active, then at 00:00:00 UTC, the number of pdays on the Pause shall increase by one.

If a CFJ claims a paradox exists in the game, and this CFJ is judged to be True, the
following steps of the Refresh Process are followed:

1. The Clock is turned Off.

2. A Win is awarded to the Player who submitted the CFJ.

3. The Pause is Activated and set to 0 (zero).

4. Players and the Administrator each optionally submit a single Refresh Proposal, which is a Proposal for changing the game state to resolve the paradox.

5. When the Pause reaches 5, the Refresh Proposals are gathered into a Ballot.  Each Player, along with the Administrator, casts a single vote in favor of one of the Refresh Proposals on the Ballot.

6. When the Pause reaches 7, the votes are gathered and tabulated.  If a single Refresh Proposal has received a majority of the votes, the Refresh Proposal is implemented, the Pause is Inactivated, the Clock is turned On, and the Refresh Process ends.  Otherwise, the Refresh Process continues with Step 7.

7. The Refresh Proposals that are tied for a majority of votes are gathered into a second Ballot.  Each Player, along with the Administrator, casts a single vote in favor of one of the Refresh Proposals on the second Ballot.

8. When the Pause reaches 9, the votes on the second Ballot are gathered and tabulated.  If a single Refresh Proposal has received a majority of these votes, it is selected to be implemented; otherwise the Administrator selects the Refresh Proposal to be implemented.

9. The selected Refresh Proposal is implemented, the Pause is Inactivated, the Clock is turned On, and the Refresh Process ends.

}}

}}

This is just off the top of my head.  I'm completely open to suggestions that don't involve giving you my bank account number.

						Glotmorf