Eric Gerlach on 30 Jan 2002 21:37:24 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Are you ready for some football!!!!

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Rob Speer wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 12:46:54PM -0500, Eric Gerlach wrote:
> > If a player is playing Football, instead of moving as specified in rule
> > 301, e may move to any location within a circle of three units
>
> In a non-continuous space like the Grid, you have to specify what you
> mean by that, as "circles" don't actually exist.

You're right... my implication was Catesian metric.  I thought it would be
safe to specify "circle", implying (x2-x1)^2 + (y2-y1)^2 <= r^2, but I
guess that's what you get for being a Mathie.

Therefore I revise my proposal on football, whatever its number may be in
the following manner:

Replace the OOPS delemited text:
OOPS
If a player is playing Football, instead of moving as specified in rule
301, e may move to any location within a circle of three units of eir
current location.
OOPS

with the following AAHTHEREWEGO delimeted text:
AAHTHEREWEGO
If a player is playing Football, instead of moving as specified in rule
301, e may move to any location which is less than or equal to three units
from eir current location (measured by Euclidean distance).
AAHTHEREWEGO

and the following OHNO delimeted text:
OHNO
and e is within two units of the player in possession of the Scoring
Gremlin (determined by the same circle-style measurement as for moving)
OHNO

with the following YAY delimeted text:
YAY
and the player in posession of the Scoring Gremlin is not farther than two
units away (again measured by Euclidean distance) from eir location
YAY