Donald Whytock on 29 Jan 2002 14:56:03 -0000

spoon-business: Glotmorf's Wonderful World of Bizarre/Irrational CFJs

Okay...I'm beginning to pick up on the mindset in our little nomiverse here (which I define to include the players and their opinions, but not necessarily the opinions of non-players, who, after all, if they wanted their opinions to count so badly, could damn well play), and therefore think that in order to explore my philosophical concern in a meaningful manner I must take a somewhat different approach.

I therefore submit the following two CFJs:

Statement: It is legal for me to kill the Witch Gremlin.

Rationale: Rule 18 says that anything not regulated in the rules is permitted.  There is nothing that discusses the murder, or even the death, of Gremlins; therefore my action is unregulated and permitted.

Statement: It is illegal for me to kill the Witch Gremlin.

Rationale: Rule 18 says that anything not regulated in the rules is permitted.  However, there are rules that discuss the creation and behavior patterns of Gremlins; hence, a Gremlin's existence is regulated.  Therefore, anything that affects the existence of a Gremlin, such as its murder, requires a specific rule permitting it.

Note that these are two separate CFJs, so I'd assume they'd be judged separately and independently of each other.

						Glotmorf