Wonko on 28 Jan 2002 04:26:42 -0000

spoon-business: Administrative Abilities

Well, as long as I've got an extra proposal, I might as well use it...

{{
__Broadening Horizons__

Create a new rule as follows:

{{
__A Little Fun For Everyone__

The Administrator may make proposals as though e were a player. The
Administrator shall not be subject to Bandwidth Rationing, or any other
means of limiting the number or type of proposals which may be made.
Instead, the Administrator shall be limited to one proposal per nweek.
[[ Just so things don't get out of control... ]]

If the Administrator gains or loses points as a result of any change in
the game state, including but not limited to the passage or failure of
proposals, those points shall instead be awarded to/taken from the Scoring
Gremlin.
}}

Amend rule 296 to replace the number 30 with 20, replace the words ' or the
player with the lowest score has at most 10 fewer points than any other
player,' with ' or the Scoring Gremlin has no Points,', add the words 'with
a nonzero score and the Scoring Gremlin has at least 5 points,' after the
words 'other player' in the last sentence, replace 'fewest points' with
'lowest score' in the 2nd sentence, then replace 'lowest score' with 'lowest
nonzero score' everywhere it occurs.

[[If I did this right, it will end up looking like this:
"There exists a Gremlin known as the Scoring Gremlin. Whenever a proposal is
recognized, if the Scoring Gremlin is Active, it shall award the player with
the lowest nonzero score 1 point. If at any time multiple players are tied
for the lowest nonzero score, or the Scoring Gremlin has no Points, the
Scoring Gremlin shall go into Hiding. If the player with the lowest nonzero
score has at least 20 fewer points than any other player with a nonzero
score and the Scoring Gremlin has at least 5 points, the Scoring Gremlin
shall become Active."
]]

Finally, add the following:

"Players may give points to the Scoring Gremlin in the same manner as
giving points to other players. [[ It's like charity, only different. ]]

The Scoring Gremlin initially has 100 Points. This paragraph shall then be
deleted from the rules [[ for cleanliness ]].'

}}

Rationale: It was Dave's idea.
I also changed the Score Gremlin so it only helps those who help emselves ­
you must already have at least 1 point to profit from it (that way new
players don't scare it away).

I also request that Mr. Admin rectify numerous people's proposals because
the Standard Delimiter for a title is TWO underdashes, and a couple of
proposals have only used one.

--
Wonko
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day; set him on fire and he'll be