Greg Ritter on 27 Jan 2002 22:17:18 -0000

spoon-business: Call For Judgment: Awarding of the Token of Proposals

At 06:01 PM 1/24/2002 +0000, you wrote:

Wonko: Though I obviously disagree with your interpretation of Rule 299,
it seems I've no choice but to go with it. (It's one of those "letter of
the law" versus "spirit of the law" things which I abhor.)

The Token of Proposals is reluctantly given to Wonko.

Call For Judgment:

Defendant: Wonko

Statement:

"Given that
(a) the word 'yea' is synonymous with 'yes' or any affirmative indication
(b) the spirit of the law and game custom indicates that 'yea' should be interpreted as 'yes' or any affirmative indication then the Token of Proposals is not awarded to Wonko since he did not receive the most affirmative votes."

Thus submitted.

--gritter