Wonko on 27 Jan 2002 15:03:07 -0000

Re: spoon-business: The Stuff I Overlooked!

Quoth David E. Smith,

> I encourage all players to place themselves on The Grid at some point, and
> to declare Genders. What's the point of my slowly developing an ulcer over
> all these rules if they aren't being used?
>
> ...dave

Alrighty, then, I put myself down at (15,8), and declare myself to be a
Drone.

I apologize for the HTML characters in my proposals. I forgot that the
greater than and less than signs were HTML thingies too. I amend all my
proposals to replace the characters '<<' and '>>' with '{*' and "*}'
everywhere they occur.

I also amend 315/0 to append the following to it:
'If a player, after being Thrown, ends up on a square which is off the Grid,
e Falls Off the Edge, or Falls. When a player Falls, e loses 10 points and
is Thrown at a random Square whose coordinates are both less than 15 but
greater than 5, unless e has not landed in a legal square since the last
time e Fell, in which case e loses 8 points and goes into Limbo.'

This takes care of people bouncing off the grid by throwing them back into
the center of the Grid. If you get thrown back in and immediately bounce out
again, you fall off completely and don't reappear.

--
Wonko
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day; set him on fire and he'll be