David E. Smith on 24 Jan 2002 05:13:26 -0000

spoon-business: The Daily Recognizer (Wednesday evening)

~Okay, this one will be a bit of a doozy. In fact, I'm gonna do it in two
parts.

This first part is all the stuff that shall be considered as recognized
(or otherwise done) before the end of nweek 5. (i.e. new proposals,
rectifications, and so on. I don't know what all this entails because I
fell WAY behind on Nomic mail.)

286 is rectified (changed "week" to "nweek" in the penultimate paragraph).

Scoff!'s revisions of 266 is NOT recognized - it came in far too late, and
is more than a mere typo rectification. Sorry, Scoff!.

(This does present an interesting argument against last-minute proposals.
Heck, if I were a player, I'd probably propose something like "Proposals
can only be submitted in the first 5 ndays of an nweek," so there's
guaranteed to be time to discuss 'em. But that's just me.)

"I've Got The Style It Takes" is recognized as 290/0.

276 is rectified (change first instance of "128" to "126"). Since I
believe all the players knew what it was intended to mean, I don't see a
problem here. (Feel free to CFJ me if you must.)

"Standard Optional Delimiters" is 291/0.

"An Offer You Can't Refuse" is 292/0.

Uncle Psychosis gives 1 point to Rob.

Baron von Skippy wrests the Sushi from Wonko's possession into eir own.
(Or Wonko gives it to the willing recipient, Baron von Skippy. Either way,
Baron, it's all yours.)

"Dan" joins B Nomic. And then votes like two minutes later. Whee!

To UIN, regarding rule renumbering: It's certainly not that the database
lacks flexibility, it's that I lack time. Renumbering every darn rule in
the system would be a healthy piece of work. The design is sufficiently
abstract that rules, proposals, and CFJs are all stored in the same table,
and every revision creates a new entry in said table. Quite frankly, I'm
not gonna renumber about 500 game objects. :-)

Okay, to the best of my knowledge, that covers all the business that needs
to be done. On to vote counting!

...dave