Jonathan Van Matre on 23 Jan 2002 16:39:46 -0000

spoon-business: Votes for nweek 5

YES > Proposal 245/0:Who the hell are you anyway? (gritter)
NO > Proposal 246/1:Ass kicking is encouraged (gritter)

Amusing, but ultimately I think it's unfairly biased toward those who check their e-mail most frequently.  And I say this as one of the more frequent e-mailers on this list.

YES > Proposal 247/0:The Clock was written in MATLAB (Bean)
NO > Proposal 250/0:The Immunity Idol (gritter)

It's going to pass, anyway.  I'm just voting against it as a matter of principle, because it felt compelled to allude to Survivor.  I hate Survivor.  Couldn't you have called it the Impeccable Karma Stick or something?  The Tiki of Gremlin Repellence?

YES > Proposal 252/0:Limitation of Voting (Iain)
NO > Proposal 253/0:Power to the Gremlins! (Iain)
YES > Proposal 265/0:No Kickbacks (Justice, Administered Piecemeal) (Scoff!)
YES > Proposal 266/0:Verbosity Sux! (Scoff!)

Guess I stand alone on this one.  I'm curious if it would have been different if my (%$&* revision had gone in, instead of being delayed at the capricious whim of our e-mail system.

YES > Proposal 267/1:Girls Will Be Boys and Boys Will Be Girls...and Drones
YES > Proposal 268/0:The Scoring Gremlin (Wonko)
NO > Proposal 269/0:The Witch Gremlin (Wonko)

It only costs a maximum of 50 points to eliminate the 2 most vocal opponents of your proposal(s)?  Bugger that for a lark!

There's already some disincentive to openly discussing improvements to proposals because of the scoring...it's more profitable to get points for fixing the proposal with your own prop next nweek.  This will only make it worse, because anyone who openly opposes any proposal can be prevented from voting on *any* proposals for a mere 25 points.

Emphatically no!

YES > Proposal 270/0:Taking care of business (Wonko)
NO > Proposal 271/1:N Heads are Better Than 1 (Glotmorf)
ABSTAIN > Proposal 274/1:Once and for all... (The Voice)
NO > Proposal 275/1:You Break the Law, You Pay the Price (Bean)

Almost verbatim retread of my proposal last nweek.  Sadly, due to being *almost* verbatim, it omits some rather crucial anti-loophole phrases.  All the length problems that doomed my proposal last week, plus more to boot, just to be sure it's doomed this week, too.  Even *I* can't vote for it, and I originally proposed a lot of this stuff.

NO > Proposal 276/2:We Can Only See Shadows On the Wall (Bean)
NO > Proposal 277/1:The dust you seldom see. (Uncle Psychosis)
NO > Proposal 278/0:Ehh... What the hell... (The Voice)

Unnecessary.  Already defined by the Titles rule: "Players have an attribute named Nobility which is a list of all titles the player currently holds."  And all player attributes are being recorded by the Administrator on the player roster already.  Only reason to vote for this is to label Bean a moron.  See my comments on 289 regarding that.

NO > Proposal 279/0:Walk unafraid. (Uncle Psychosis)
YES > Proposal 281/0:You can't even see. (Uncle Psychosis)
YES > Proposal 282/2:Generous Gremlins! (The Voice)
ABSTAIN > Proposal 283/0:For Want of an Index, the Database was Lost (Glotmorf)

Another unnecessary bit of legislation.  The rules are already part of the game state...the categorization could have been implemented as administrative fluff without a proposal to spell it out.  Still, I'm not giving a "NO" vote because I do like that it explicitly states you can assign categories via proposal...I'd like to encourage the act of categorizing proposals as they are submitted.

NO > Proposal 285/0:Grammar Nitpick G1 (Glotmorf)

Powers of Executive Tidiness was enacted specifically so we didn't have a bunch of tiny "fix this grammar mistake" proposals.  No need to hand out easy points for noticing one mistake.  If we really want to go that way, I'll be filling my bandwidth for the foreseeable future with nothing but spelling and grammar corrections.

YES > Proposal 286/0:The Grid (gritter)
YES > Proposal 287/0:I've got more imaginary friends than you, nyah nyah
YES > Proposal 288/0:You can't avoid the Sushi (gritter)
NO > Proposal 289/0:... and I am my own king. (Bean)

There's nothing moronic about duping people into giving you 3 to 18 free points for taking on a completely harmless title.