Link5050 on 13 Jan 2002 16:34:03 -0000

Re: spoon-business: JUDGEMENT CFJ -- invalid proposals

In the case of CFJ 248:

Statement (Glotmorf): Proposals 229, 230, 231, 240, 241, and 242 are not valid proposals because they do not use the Standard Delimiters listed in Rule 217.

Judgement: I judge this statement to be False.

Analysis:  The only reason this statement is false is that I believe that in rule 217, it is implicit that if the standard delimiters '{{' and '}}' are not present, then everything in the message is considered to be the proposal.  The standard delimiters serve to allow players to write things in their messages besides proposals if they have no comments to make.  Specifically, with proposals 241 and 242, if the starting and ending delimiters are, as I see them, understood [[since there is nothing in the proposals besides "If the LOGAS exists..."]], and they are not proposing a rule, so they do not require the title delimiter '__'.  Since these two proposals are not, then, invalid, the entire statement must then be false.  As the statement is worded such that all the proposals are grouped together and THEN accused of being invalid, the two proposals being valid falsify the entire statement.

-0- Thus Spake THE VOICE From On High -0-