Eric Gerlach on 11 Jan 2002 02:20:00 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Proposal: Titles, and a better bandwidth limit

At 03:11 PM 2002-01-10 +0100, you wrote:
I might have splitted the proposal into a "Titles" proposal and a
"Zealot" proposal" (or I could have made the repeal clause a seperate
proposal), but I couldn't do so because I'm limited to three
proposals. There seems to be at least one player (Bean) who might vote
against the proposal due to this combination, even though he likes the
Titles part.

Fortunately, I still have 2 proposals left, and so salvaging it is possible :) (I was going to do something different with them, but it'll actually work better next week anywho)

I propose the following:
{{
__One outta two ain't bad__

If no rule called Titles exists, create a rule:
{{
__Titles__

Titles are names that are defined to be titles by the rules.

A player holds a title when it has been awarded to em as specified by the rules, e ceases to hold the title when the rules specify that e loses it. Unless otherwise specified by the rules, it is possible that no player holds a certain title or that the same title is held by multiple players at the same time.

Players have an attribute named Nobility which is a list of all titles the player currently holds.

New players initially hold no titles.

If the proposal which created this rule passed, transfer half (rounded up) of the points gained by its proponent for its passage to Joerg, and increase Joerg's Charm by one. Then delete this paragraph from the rules. [[ i.e., give Joerg half the points I get if this passes. After all, it was Joerg's idea... I can't take *all* the credit. ]]
}}

[[ Well, if this passes at least then we can work on better Bandwith Rationing/Deterrent next nweek. As it stands, we're coming down to the wire, and I wouldn't want that effort wasted (I don't agree 100% with the Leg. Zealot). Hope I'm not stealing too much of your thunder Joerg. :)

NOTE!!! This proposal does nothing if 232 passes. So if you vote yes on 232, please vote yes on this too... after all, it can't hurt! ]]

}}

And this way I can get my "Moron" title too.

Bean