Donald Whytock on 31 Dec 2001 13:44:17 -0000

spoon-business: New Proposal: Spur Clause

Well, as long as we're daisy-chaining proposals, I might as well tie mine on...

Proposal: Spur Clause

If a rule entitled "Bandwidth Rationing" exists, and it has been modified by proposal 195, "The Many," append the following to the end of the "Bandwidth Rationing" rule:

If n is zero, and eir score is greater than four, e loses four points; if n is zero and eir score is four or less, eir score becomes zero.

Rationale:

Idleness should not be rewarded.  There may be some time in the future when all the active players have abysmally low scores and the game is declared over; I would hate to see victory go to a player who hasn't played for months, yet has a high score precisely because he hasn't done anything.