Wonko on 30 Dec 2001 14:42:05 -0000

spoon-business: A different sort of bandwidth

Title: A different sort of bandwidth
<proposal>
<title> The Many </title>
If a rule entitled "Bandwidth Rationing" exists, amend its text to be the following !!!! delimited text. If such a rule doesn't exist, create a new rule entitled "Bandwidth Rationing" with the following !!!! delimited text.
!!!!
At the beginning of each voting period, each player shall lose n-5 points, where n is the number of proposals e submitted which are on the current Ballot. If n-5 is less than zero, eir score shall remain the same. If e would lose more points than eir score, eir score becomes zero.
!!!!
<rationale>
With this you could submit as many proposals as you wanted, but there would be an incentive not to do more than 5. I added the part where it overwrites the old bandwidth because I've seen problems in other games where the vote was split between two similar proposals, and the result was that neither passed. This way, everyone who votes for my bandwidth act can also vote for Glotmorfs, so at least one of them is gauranteed to pass.
</rationale>
</proposal>