Rob Speer on 6 Dec 2001 06:50:49 -0000

spoon-business: Proposals taking effect

[[Here's where I play around a bit with systems for formatting a
proposal.]]
<proposal title="I demand order!">

1. Revise the most recent version of rule 32, which may be 32/0 or a
version created by another proposal, to:
<text>

  At the end of each voting period, the proposals that have recieved a
  majority of affirmative votes is deemed to have passed. The others are
  deemed to have failed. All proposals that have been voted on during
  that voting period are then processed in numerical order.

  Proposals are processed in numerical order. When a proposal is
  processed, the following events happen in order:

  1. If and only if the proposal passed, its actions (such as Rule
  Changes or other changes to the state of the game) are put into effect
  in the order in which they are described.

  2. Other events related to the passage or failure of the proposal,
  such as awarding or deducting points, occur.

  Proposals may not take effect retroactively.

</text>
</proposal>

<sig reassurance="No, I won't go overboard like this in the future">
--
Rob Speer
<tag type="frivolous" />