Rob Speer on 23 Feb 2001 05:18:07 -0000

spoon-business: A Proposal (this is PurpleBob)

I promise that I really am PurpleBob. I just can't
send from my normal mail account right now.

I submit the following proposal entitled "Preventing
Tyranny of the Majority":
<proposal>
Create a rule entitled [[you guessed it]] "Preventing
Tyranny of the Majority" with the following text:

If a proposal names one or more specific players in
its text, those players must consent to the passage of
the proposal.

If a proposal uses one or more terms which indirectly
refer to one player, or to a group of players
containing less than half of the players in the game,
each specified player or group must consent to the
passage of the proposal.

Names of administrative positions are a special case
of the above clause. If the administrative position is
not yet filled, no consent is needed. If the posiiton
is filled, the player who occupies that position must
consent.

Consenting to the passage of a proposal means that, if
any single player from whom consent is required votes
against the proposal, or if the majority of a group
from which consent is required votes against the
proposal, the proposal fails.