Daniel Chapman on 19 Feb 2001 20:44:54 -0000

spoon-business: Proposal limiting jurisdiction of rules:

With the passage of Rule 350/0 (which I voted for) I feel that it's time to
pass a rule that will mildly limit the jurisdiction of new rules.  I don't
want to see a new rule which requires me to buy a digital camera from a
particular site or requires me to visit some web site.

<proposal>

Title: Jurisdiction of Rules

New rules may not be proposed which will require the player to take an
action outside of the limits of public fora.

[[ This should allow for rules which require Officers to keep track of
points and other such data, as you're requiring the Officer to produce a
correct report. ]]

New rules may also not be proposed which will restrict a player's actions
outside of public fora.

</proposal>

In addition, I would also like to make a motion to recognize the website as
a public forum.  I don't recall ever seeing any sort of recognition of it as
such, but we all sort of assumed that it would be.

Even if this rule is ammended, due to its numbering, this should not affect
Rule 350/0.  Good that we got that passed first.