Benjamin Bradley on 26 Jan 2001 05:46:20 -0000

spoon-business: dependency rev

[[ I think this takes care of negativity, recursivity, and effects.
It resolves the effects problem by simply withdrawing the proposal-
that way, no points are changed at all. ]]

replace the P392 with the following:

<proposal revise action=revise title="Dependency of Propositions">
create a rule with the title 'Dependency of Propositions' and the
following text:

This rule applies only to child/parent propositions on the same ballot.

If a (subsidiary) proposition is dependent on one or more other
(primary) propositions, and any of the (primary) propositions fail
(either as defined by the rules, or because it <u>fails by
dependence</u>),
then the (subsidiary) proposition <u>fails by dependence</u>.

If a (subsidiary) proposition is negatively dependent on one or
more other (primary) propositions, and any of those (primary)
propositions pass, then the (subsidiary) proposition <u>fails by
dependence</u>.

If a proposition <u>fails by dependence</u>, then it is considered
"withdrawn" and "dead".

This rule superceedes R120:Motions, if the two conflict.

</proposal>

Can I put HTML in a proposal like that?

Does this revision satisfy everyone?

- You have received mail from Quebec. my beard will eat your mustache.
- http://lostpoet.tripod.com/
- whee life what a rush