Joel Uckelman on 22 Dec 2000 04:20:42 -0000

spoon-business: P371 revision

I just finished putting up the pages for Motions. In doing so, I noticed that
there were a few that have been around for a while, but can only pass by
unanimous consent. Also, there's the Motion to Add Feyd as a Player which got
lost in the end-of-semester craziness. (Sorry this is taking so long, Feyd!)
So, I'm addressing these in a revised version of P371:

1. Amend R230/3 to read as follows:

"An Agent introducing a Approvable Motion may request unanimous consent at the
time of its introduction, or until such time as the granting of unanimous
consent could still occur prior to the nweek's voting, unless the Rules
explicitly prohibit it. N-unanimous consent on a Motion is granted if no
eligible voters object to the Motion within time N after the Motion is
recognized. Unanimous consent is considered to have been requested for any
Approvable Motions which may be adopted only by unanimous consent."

2. Create a new Rule entitled "Motion Duplication" which reads:

"The recognition by any Officer of any Motion which would have the same effect
another live Motion is prohibited."

3. Motions 6/0, 7/0, and 8/0 are considered to have received unanimous consent
as of the passage of this Proposal.

--
J.