Dan Waldron on 23 Nov 2000 21:32:59 -0000

spoon-business: Revision of Proposal 346

The following is the first revision of my Proposal 346.

[[Since this proposal seems to be confusing I have added some comments as
of this revision to try to make it clear what it will do.  I have also
changed "players" to "eligible voters" to make it more inclusive, and I
have added a couple of lines to get rid of a potential loophole.]]

If proposal 345 passed then enact a new rule titled "New Transferable
Votes" to read as follows:

With the nweekly distribution of the ballot, the Administrator shall
create for each ballot item one New Transferable Vote for each eligible
voter, and transfer ownership of these to each eligible voter so that
every eligible voter recieves one New Transferable Vote on each ballot
item.

[[Each player gets one and only one NTV per ballot item.  Each NTV can
only be used to vote on the ballot item for which it was issued.]]

New Transferable Votes are entities that may be created by the
administrator only when required by the rules, they may be destroyed by
their owner at any time.  They may be transferred by their owner to any
other legal owner by posting to the public forum.  Eacn New Transferable
Vote is marked with the serial number of the ballot item it represents,
and can be used by its owner to cast a vote on that item.  This may be
done either by posting in the public forum or by privately notifying the
Administrator.  This use destroys that New Transferable Vote.  No vote may
be cast except through this use and consequent destruction of a New
Transferable Vote.  At the end of the voting period the Administrator
shall order any remaining New Transferable Votes destroyed.

[[Players may swap, sell, trade or otherwise manipulate NTVs until the end
of the voting period.  During that time they each one may be used to cast
a vote on the ballot item for which it was created.  If you can get hold
of several, you may cast several votes on that ballot item.]]

"NTV" may be used to stand for "New Transferable Vote" in official and
unofficial documents.

_____

Repeal rule 224 [[This allows one vote and one vote only.  This is
unnescessary, even a hinderance since player will now vote through the
use of the NTVs rather than the old system.]]

Repeal rule 226 [[Rather than amend rule 226 I chose to incorporate the
same idea into the NTV rule.]]

_____

Poulenc.