Joel Uckelman on 14 Nov 2000 04:51:26 -0000

spoon-business: event ordering proposal

When I was updating the rules to reflect the results of voting, I noticed
that at least one rule was amended by two separate proposals, which might
have caused a problem if the changes weren't compatible. It seems to me
that the order in which the effects of adopted Proposals are implemented
should be made explicit:

---Begin Proposal---

Create a new rule entitled "Sequence of Legislative Effects" with the
following text:

"Legislative Orders are to be executed in a sequence corresponding to the
Proposals which created them. Specifically, for any given Legislative
Order, if there exists an outstanding Legislative Order issued by the
adoption of a lower-numbered Proposal than the Proposal which caused the
issuance of the Legislative Order in question, said Legislative Order must
not be executed."

---End Proposal---

--
J.