Joel Uckelman on 22 Oct 2000 00:47:01 -0000

spoon-business: proposal

I offer the following proposal:

1. Add as the second paragraph of R121/0:

"Points are indivisible, and thus may not be possessed or transferred in
fractional quantities. All Point awards shall be rounded to the nearest
integer prior to any transactions involving them."

2. Round all Scores to the nearest integer.

---
The reason I'd like Scores to be integers is that it simplifies
scorekeeping tremendously. At present, it's possible to have non-integer
rational Scores. Non-terminating decimals and computers don't get along
very well; the way it is right now, the only way I can keep score
accurately is as fractions. I hate fractions. You should too.

--
J.

--
Play Nomic!