Joel Uckelman on 9 Oct 2000 03:00:00 -0000

spoon-business: RFJ 15 (formerly Judgment on RFJ13)

Quoth Wbfu Xbegorva:

> Adam Tomjack sprach:
> >(Sun, 08 Oct 2000) Thus Spake Adam Tomjack:
> >> (Sun, 08 Oct 2000) Thus Spake Joel Uckelman:

> >> In the matter:
> >> 	Benjamin should not be listed on the Roster.
> >>
> >> I rule true.
> >>
> >> In the message of Tue, 3 Oct 2000 00:18:00 -0500 (CDT) by the entity
> >> Benjamin Bradley <activist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, I find the following text.
> >> "I desire to be a player in this game of nomic. I wish to be known as
> >> Benjamin."  Since Benjamin has declared eir desire to be a Player on a
> >> public forum in accord with Rule 209 and Rule 112, e is a Player.
> >>
> >> God
> >
> >I have made an error.
> >
> >The correct ruling is that the statement above is false.
> >
> >The statement "Benjamin should not be listed on the Roster" is false because
>
> >Benjamin is a player by my previous reasoning.  Since e is a Player, e shoul
> >be listed on the Roster.
> >
> >Based on this, by Rule 214, I make the Judical Order to the Administrator no
> >to remove Benjamin from the Roster.
> >
> >God
> >
> >P.S.  Oops, sorry :(
>
> You've already made a judgement. The preceding is simply some other
> hoo-ha that for some reason you posted to the list.
>

> Josh

Yeah, I knew this was going to happen. This is one of the *BAD* things
about our judicial system. Now I'm not sure if Benjamin is a Player--is
"should not be listed on the Roster" equivalent to "is not a Player"? I
don't know. If they are, I need only execute a removal of Benjamin from the
Roster within a reasonable time. So, to correct this mishap, I am
requesting judgment on the following statement:

The ruling for Judgment 13 should be "false".

and will hopefully receive a Judgment before "a reasonable time" elapses.

Analysis: In light of God's analysis on Judgment 13 and his immediate post
attempting to correct it, it is obvious that e did not intend to rule
"true".

----
Josh Kortbein has been assigned to judge RFJ 15:

The ruling for Judgment 13 should be "false".

--
J.

--
Play Nomic!