Kieron Jarvis on 6 Oct 2000 03:36:47 -0000

spoon-business: Proposal Numbering & withdrawal of Proposals.

I was just looking at the Rules and found something interesting.

It would appear that R220 doesn't require the Administrator to tell us what
the Proposal number of a Proposal is.

It would also appear that R117 *requires* revisions to quote the original
Proposal number. Therefore, if a revision is sent without a Proposal number
(due to lack of knowledge of it's number or just slackness) then I assume it
would create a new Proposal.

I also wonder whether 'official recognition' from R220 prevents withdrawal
of a Proposal before it's been numbered.

I bring this to your attention because I would prefer not to have to run off
to the website (and hope it's available) to find out what number my Proposal
is. Can we please have the Proposal numbers reported on the list ?  I also
note that the only Proposals listed on the website are three of my typo
fixing Proposals which I have attempted to withdraw already.

P301 is in the archive already. Does this mean that my withdrawal has taken
effect or not ?  There's no notation on it to indicate that it has been
withdrawn.

I hereby withdraw Proposal 301, 302, & 303 if they have not already been
withdrawn.

XnJester