Adam Tomjack on 2 Oct 2000 21:25:16 -0000

spoon-business: RFJ

I request judgement on each of the statements of the following paragraph:
	There is no player by the name of Ed.  There is there a player by the name
of Benjamin Bradley.  There is there a player by the name of DW.  A forum not
declared to be a public forum by the Administrator is not a public forum.
Actions taken in a forum that is not a public forum are invalid.
spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx is not a public forum.

public by the Administrator.  Since no Agents called Ed, Benjamin Bradley, or
DW expressed their desire to be players in a public forum, then there
certainly are no players Ed, Benjamin Bradley, or DW.  By rule 112, "Actions
may be taken only in public Fora, unless otherwise specified in the Rules."
I believe that this means that actions are prohibited in non-public fora.
Since actions in non-public fora are explicitly prohibited, they are not
allowed.  Since spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx has not been declared a public forum
by the Administrator, it is not a public forum.  Since spoon-discuss is not a
public forum, no actions may be taken in that forum.

Note:  Nothing personal guys, I just think it would be bad if we noticed
several nweeks down the road that we had nonplayers voting and such.  This is
more of a test of the validity of actions taken in the non-public fora and
whether a forum which has been not been declared either public or private by
the Administrator is a public forum.

--
Adam Tomjack
adamtj@xxxxxxxxxx