Kieron Jarvis on 2 Oct 2000 03:18:54 -0000

spoon-business: Proposal: Fix Rule 5 typo.

[[If the q / n issue isn't a typo, speak up and I'll change the proposal
before voting commences.]]

[[Do I have to explicitly state that this is a legislative order ?]]

This is a legislative order to correct the wording of rule 5.

The original (incorrect) text states:

" Rule 5/0 : Serial Numbers
Every revisable object has a serial number unique for the set of objects of
its type. The serial number of a revisable object of type T is defined as
the intrerpolated string "n/r", where q is the sum of the base number for T
and the object's number, and r is the object's revision number.
[[Example: The serial number for version 0 of Rule 101 would be 101/0, while
the serial number for Rule 203, version 17 would be 203/17.]]

0. Initial Rule, 2 October 2000"

It will be changed to:

" Rule 5/0 : Serial Numbers
Every revisable object has a serial number unique for the set of objects of
its type. The serial number of a revisable object of type T is defined as
the interpolated string "n/r", where n is the sum of the base number for T
and the object's number, and r is the object's revision number.
[[Example: The serial number for version 0 of Rule 101 would be 101/0, while
the serial number for Rule 203, version 17 would be 203/17.]]

0. Initial Rule, 2 October 2000"

[[I believe that 'q' should actually be 'n'. I have changed 'intrerpolated'
to 'interpolated'.]]

XnJester