Daniel Lepage on 4 May 2003 00:05:01 -0000

Re: [Nomicmarket] Bulletin Board

On Saturday, May 3, 2003, at 12:59  PM, Doctor Ducker wrote:

Daniel Lepage wrote:

It occurred to me that we might want to post something about the Market
on the Nomic Bulletin Board...

Certainly, if we want this to become a major multi-nomic enterprise,
that would probably be the best way to alert other nomics to it; on the
other hand, we might want to wait until we've got a stable system that
we're sure will work before we start advertising.

Anyone have any reasons for/against?

Also, is there a Nomic Market website, or just the mailing list?

--
Wonko

I think maybe we should hold off on such, for at least a little while.

We need to work through this initiall conceptual stuff, first. Once we've got a decent *functional* system in place, then *revealing* it and making formal
overtures to other games, would seem to be in order.

On the other hand, there are games out there (Agora comes to mind) with a fair degree of experience in meta-nomic games. They might have some good suggestions about what will and will not work based on said experience.

--
Wonko