Joshua on Fri, 5 Jan 2007 01:40:14 +0100 (CET)

Re: [hosers-talk] greylisting

Joel Uckelman sez:
>> >Oh. Well, there's our explanation, then. It has barely any good mail
>> >with which it can make statistical comparisons.
>> >
>> >If you feed the last 4800 or so real messages you've received to
>> >'mh2bogo -n', you should see a remarkable improvement in performance.
>>
>> you told me what i started with would be enough! argh spam filters.
>
>I thought sure that I said that you needed to start with corpora of
>a few thousand messages. If you don't have that many good messages
>right now, keep adding them as you go. You want to get the sizes of
>the two corpora within about 50% of each other, at worst.

i think they were when i started. (at the moment i have about 1500
messages in my inbox. i think maybe i combined a few mailboxes to
pull it off?) it's just that i've accumulated a lot more spam than
i have retained legitimate mail.

josh