Joshua on Tue, 2 Jan 2007 20:42:23 -0700 (MST)

Re: [hosers-talk] greylisting

"Jon Stewart" sez:
>> Joel Uckelman sez:
>> >I don't understand why bogofilter works near-optimally for me, but not for
>> >anyone else. Have you been training it on misclassified mail?
>>
>> i have never retrained it. i thought you told me once i wouldn't have
>> to? (i do, however, still file away as spam pieces of mail that it
>> misses when filtering automatically.)
>

>I've never gone through the hassle of setting it up. I get enough now that
>I probably should. Training it seems like a pain; I have always thought
>it's a weird system to filter after incorporation, too. One would think
>that there should be a high enough confidence for some spam that the shit
>just should go straight to /dev/null, with temporary black-listing of the
>sender address and relaying server.

maybe you could set a criterion; it rates as it files. but i have
certainly had it get things wrong.

the training took a while at the beginning to accumulate enough spam
but otherwise it was just a one-shot minor annoyance.

josh