Joel Uckelman on Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:38:43 -0600 (CST)

Re: [hosers-talk] whois?

Thus spake "Jon Stewart":
> So, I'd like to know the whois information for a domain. My whois query
> says there's no match. But the domain is active and takes me to one of
> those stupid placeholder hosting sites. When I try to register the domain
> myself, I'm told it's already registered.
>
> What gives? How do I find this information out? Is it just that the whois
> database hasn't refreshed yet (the domain was likely registered within the
> last day or two)?
>

> Jon

I was not aware that it was possible to have a registered domain with no
whois record at all. Could this be a glitch? Or maybe the record hasn't
been pushed to the server yet? What domain is it?

--
J.