Jon Stewart on Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:50:46 -0500 (CDT)

[hosers-talk] heh

I booted my P4 2.8GHz work machine into Minix 2.0.3 tonight.

Unfortunately, the install floppy images don't have dd installed on them.
But I was able to find a binary for dd, so tomorrow I am going to use a
hex editor to overwrite some useless binary on the install floppy (e.g.
setup) with dd. Then I can write the image to a floppy and have a boot
floppy for 286s that will let me write hard disk images back out to floppy
as dd will have been loaded onto the ram disk.

Somedays my job is boring and somedays it's just weird.

Jon
--
Jon Stewart                                 Advanced Los Angeles C++
stew1@xxxxxxxxxxx                           http://www.alacpp.org